“Welcome to West China”
So sayth Roger Simon at the Epoch Times.
Did you ever wonder what it’s like to live in a one-party state?
Well, wonder no more. You’re living in one.
As a business plan, chucking off half the nation may not work so well?
Censorship just got racked up to Defcon 2.0. It’s bad and it’s going to get worse. The good news is, the Left overplay their hands.
Twitter has permanently banned The President of the United States, as well as Sidney Powell, Michael Flynn, and Lin Wood. In reply, Rush Limbaugh deactivated his Twitter Account. Limbaugh had has 88 million followers on twitter and has 35 million listeners on his radio show. But the purge is sweeping, Facebook already banned Trump “indefinitely”. Not only that but Facebook has been going after conservative groups too. Steve Bannon’s podcast was also shuttered by YouTube over “false 2020 election claims”.
It’s looking like only the three or four people with phones outside the two giants will be allowed (and for how long) to get social media messages from the current US President. Is anyone still wondering if this is a Coup?
Glenn Reynolds says: “This does seem like a good way to re-unify the Republican Party, though.” There is that.
As it happens, Donald Trumps popularity rose after the Capitol hill protest:
A source close to the polling firm tells Newsmax that the rolling survey saw Trump’s approval soar to 51% on Thursday night. Trump’s approval has been up overall, jumping from 45% just before Christmas. “Americans are disgusted that cities burned for months and Washington and the media did nothing,” our source says, “But they still like Trump.”
The Tech Giants have monopolies to wreck, and the sooner the better. Has there ever been a better reason to look at their competitors?
Trump promises big news and possibly a whole new platform:
The president also said he anticipates a “big announcement” soon and that his team is negotiating with other sites and is also looking at building a separate platform.
“As I have been saying for a long time, Twitter has gone further and further in banning free speech, and tonight, Twitter employees have coordinated with the Democrats and the Radical Left in removing my account from their platform, to silence me—and YOU, the 75,000,000 great patriots who voted for me,” Trump said in a statement.
“Twitter may be a private company, but without the government’s gift of Section 230 they would not exist for long,” he added.
“I predicted this would happen. We have been negotiating with various other sites, and will have a big announcement soon, while we also look at the possibilities of building out our own platform in the near future. We will not be SILENCED!” he said.
For the record, these were the two tweets that Twitter deemed to be “glorifying violence”.
They are not even trying:
Twitter says Blah blah blah. They might as well say, Trump used English, therefore we have to hide him:
Add this to your dictionary: American Patriot means people who support violent acts? GIANT VOICE means “there will not be an orderly transition”.
This determination is based on a number of factors, including:
- President Trump’s statement that he will not be attending the Inauguration is being received by a number of his supporters as further confirmation that the election was not legitimate and is seen as him disavowing his previous claim made via two Tweets (1, 2) by his Deputy Chief of Staff, Dan Scavino, that there would be an “orderly transition” on January 20th.
- The second Tweet may also serve as encouragement to those potentially considering violent acts that the Inauguration would be a “safe” target, as he will not be attending.
- The use of the words “American Patriots” to describe some of his supporters is also being interpreted as support for those committing violent acts at the US Capitol.
- The mention of his supporters having a “GIANT VOICE long into the future” and that “They will not be disrespected or treated unfairly in any way, shape or form!!!” is being interpreted as further indication that President Trump does not plan to facilitate an “orderly transition” and instead that he plans to continue to support, empower, and shield those who believe he won the election.
- Plans for future armed protests have already begun proliferating on and off-Twitter, including a proposed secondary attack on the US Capitol and state capitol buildings on January 17, 2021.
Unforgiveably, Trump is not attending the inauguration, sob, sob. He is not bowing to their egos, and thus is inciting disobedience.
There is a site publishing his deleted tweets.